Health Trade License
In India, if you are doing any type of business regarding goods and services that will be related directly or indirectly to the health of the public at large, then you need Heath Trade License. The government made it compulsory so that it can make sure that the health of the people will be safe and secure. It is a mandatory requirement of the businesses that can be related to heath in any way. Hence such business owners must obtain this license before starting the business. This license act as a work permit for businesses that involves trading goods and services which can affect the health of the people at large. Example of such businesses is eating houses, ice-making units, milk sellers, restaurants, pharmaceutical business owners, etc.
What is Health Trade License?
Health Trade License is given by the Municipal Corporation of the respective state to do goods and services business which directly or indirectly affects the health of the people at large. Obtaining this license will take your time, money, and energy, hence whenever you want this license applied carefully.
Significance of Health Trade License-
Health Trade License is one of the legal compliances of any business which involves the trading of goods and services that can be related to the health of the people of the country. Noncompliance with legal formalities can attract penalties and heavy fines. It gives security to the health of the citizens and providing such security is the government’s duty. It will make the market clean and safe for the consumers. Hence it is not only significant for the government but also for the business owners.
Benefits of the Health Trade License-
Following is the list of the benefits of the Health Trade License-
- Make the market safe, clean, and secure for the consumers.
- Adulteration will be curved and controlled.
- Increase the responsibility and liability of the business owner.
- Strengthen the trust between the seller and the consumers.
- Provides a better framework and maintains hygiene at the workplace.
- Gives goodwill to the business.
- Government can easily check the activities of the business owners.
- Gives monetary benefit to the government.
- Secures the health of the common people.
- Saves the seller from the penalties and fines that can be levied in the absence of this license.
Mandatory documents for the Heath Trade License-
Health Trade License is given by the government so that they can provide security to the market as well as consumers regarding their health. Before providing it government takes care of documentation very strictly after all it involves the health of the public at large. Hence you should know the exact documents required for getting the above license. Following is the list of the documents required foo the above-mentioned license-
- ID Proof and Address Proof of the applicant.
- Passport size photograph of the business owner.
- Tenancy Proof of the place where the business has been running.
- Proof of the payment of the taxes on the property.
- PAN or TAN
- Floor plan and plan of premises related to the business.
- Proof related to the electricity or water bill.
- Medical certificate and water testing report that is granted by a certified lab.
- No Objection Certificate from the commissioner of the police.
- No Objection Certificate from the fire service department.
- Proof related to your sewer connection.
- List of all the ancillary commodities used by the business owner.
- Challan of the payment of the license fees.
- If the business is in partnership then ID Proof and Address Proof of the partners.
- Also the passport size photograph of the Partners.
- Self-declaration of the owner and his or her partners.
- If an applicant is a company then a Memorandum of Association (MOA), and Article of Association (AOA) are also required.
- List of the names of all the active directors.
- Partnership deed of the business.
- No Objection Certificate from the landowner.
Procedure to obtain Health Trade License-
The process of securing a Health Trade License is not very complicated as it is a web-based process. The only thing which needs to take care of is documentation and application. As it is for the safety of the consumers, the government is very strict while verifying the documents. Follow the steps given below to get the Health Trade License-
- Visit the respective state’s Municipal Corporation portal.
- Enter all the details which have been asked in the e-form of the Health Trade License.
- Upload all the necessary and compulsory documents.
- Mobile verification will be done by sending an OTP.
- After that pay the fees and generate the challan.
- After the above process inspection will be done by the Municipal Corporation.
- In case of successful verification, the license will be granted.
Who can be eligible to get Health Trade License?
Following is the list of the eligibility criteria to get the above-mentioned license-
- A person must have a business that involves the health of the public at large.
- Applicant must attain the legal age that is 18 years.
- Applicant must not be a minor.
- Applicant should not have a criminal background.
- There is no forgery of documents.
Different licenses for the different states-
A Health Trade License is provided by the Municipal Corporation which is a state authority. If you are doing business that involves the health of the public then in that condition this license is mandatory for your business. As it is a state license you need a different license for different states. If it is found that you are doing such business that involves the health of the public in different states without having a different license from the respective state’s Municipal Corporation, you will be penalized.
Renewal of the Health Trade License-
Health Trade License is not a one-time license, in the beginning, it has been given for a limited period of time; it depends from state to state. It needs to be renewed after the expiry period, which is mentioned on the card itself. Every owner needs to renew the above-mentioned license before the 30 days of the expiry period of the license. It can be canceled or suspended before the expiry period as well if it is found that the owner of the business is doing something which is against the government norms. Two very important documents regarding renewal are given below-
- Copy of the original license
- Challan of the preceding year
Health Trade License is mandatory for every business which directly or indirectly related to the health of the people. The only thing which is a little complicated while obtaining this license is its documentation. Once you submit the documents respective state authority will inspect the documents and if they disapprove of your documents you will not get the license. Hence proper documentation is very necessary for which you must take the help of experts. There is an n-number of advisors in the market who can help you with the same. But you have to make sure that you will get the best advice. Here our suggestion is BizAdvisors because they have a team of experts who can make your work done easily with their expertise.
Why Choose Us
Free Legal Advice
On Time Delivery
Money Back Guarantee
200+ CA/CS Assisted
Frequently Asked Questions
It is permission given by the respective state to do the business which involves or which can impact the health of the people directly or indirectly.
Any business owner whose business is related to goods and services which can impact the public at large needs this license. For instance eating houses, ice-making units, milk sellers, restaurants, pharmaceutical business owners, etc.
- Visit the website of the Municipal Corporation Portal
- Fill out the form
- Upload the documents
- Inspection by the authorities
- After valid verification license will be granted